Funky Kalakar is founded on the pillars of circularity, veganism, transparency and empowerment.
We at Funky Kalakar practice circular fashion, because we believe that with the current state of environmental hazards, even sustainable fashion lacks the power to save our sinking environment and circular fashion is the way out of this chaos now.
Our measures towards circular fashion:-
- The sole of our shoes is made from discarded car tyres to prevent landfill pollution by giving the tires a new life. Till date, we have upcycled more than 1400 KGS of tyres.
- Our bags are made of materials which are recyclable up to 8 times.
- Our packaging is 100% plastic-free (even tapes) and 100% biodegradable.
Go Zero; a circular fashion initiative by Funky Kalakar, wherein we endeavour to take back used bags & footwear and thus help unclog landfills and instead give them a second life. Check out how does it work at https://www.funkykalakar.global/Go-Zero
Live and let live is the principle we follow.
We do not believe in harming any living creatures to construct our products, because all life is valuable and fashion should not come at the cost of one’s life. It should instead reflect the times, technology and the beauty of the planet we live on.
Strengthening our commitment to veganism, we are happy to announce that we are now a PETA certified organization.
Being transparent allows us to offer all stakeholders a better understanding of what we do and truly see its value.
We prefer dealing with fair trade organizations and are very open to all our dealings.
In keeping with this principle, we not only share information on the materials and processes used but also a break up of the product costs with our customers.
It is not merely enough to know just our responsibilities, but we must also have the power to fulfil them. To us, empowerment is two-fold, directed towards the people that produce as well as towards our supporters who purchase.
To support empowerment, we collaborate with NGOs and self-help groups that echo our values:
- Our shoes are handcrafted by underprivileged cobblers in Mumbai.
- Packaging bags come from a women’s self-help group, that is fair trade certified.
- Block printing is done by rural skilled artisans.
By offering our customers a responsible choice, we empower them to make responsible decisions.