Job Description – Accessories (Shoes & Handbag) Designer
Funky Kalakar is looking for an Accessories Designer for taking up following responsibilities: –
- Develop customer and market (Europe and India) focussed collections each season in line with company strategy for the brand taking into consideration sustainability approach.
- Design direction, research trends, new vegan and sustainable materials, trims and colour palettes and design new product incorporating original ideas.
- Creating and completing mood boards for every new collection.
- Continual review and reaction of the market and social media to identify emerging product opportunities.
- To be continually aware of emerging trends and competitor products.
- Sound technical knowledge of accessories construction, fabrics, finishing techniques and processes.
- Strong knowledge of CAD, illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Provide technical drawings to suppliers, finalising the approved designs for production.
- Work closely with the Production team to ensure fit and aesthetics meet the brand requirements.
- Accessories design degree or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as an accessory designer and atleast 2 collections work experience each for shoes and bags.
- Understanding of sustainable materials. Previous work on collections with sustainability approach will be an added advantage.
- Having an eye for colour and textures
- Confident in presenting your designs formally and informally
- A practical knowledge and experience of production methods
- A flair for design with great creativity and imagination
- Ability to produce original ideas based
- Able to work without supervision, but as part of a highly productive team.
- Highly creative, flexible work style with the ability to work in a rapid paced, energised environment
- Strong business acumen
- Strong team player who is driven to succeed and draws inspiration from working collaboratively with others.
Location: Mumbai, India.